The Victorian Government's Environment Protection Agency (EPA) was the lead agency in providing a single point of reference for the community to access up to date information on the quality of the Yarra River, tributaries and Port Phillip Bay.
Goals and Challenges
The site was to bring together information from a number of agencies, organisations and the public to provide the community with universal access to water quality information from Port Phillip Bay and its catchments. In addition a report card will encompass catchment and bay health, and connect with the region's threats and responses.
EPA required a Sitecore CMS to manage the content to fulfil the project objectives:
- The site had to provide the forecast water quality ratings for each of the relevant sites across the Yarra River and Port Philip Bay, over the summer.
- In addition these sites would also display the weekly sample water quality data scores over the summer.
- The catchment report card content needed to be migrated into Sitecore.
- The site's visual design and user interaction was to be prepared that supported the projects' objectives.
- The site was to be responsive to all device types and current browsers.
- The site had to be WCAG 2.0 AA-level compliant and compliant to the relevant mandatory Victorian Government web guidelines.
- The project was commenced in September and the first release was to be available by 1 December for the official start of summer.
Revium built a Sitecore CMS managed website.
Critical to the success of the user engagement was Revium use of user-centred design and User Experience planning. Revium identified a winning design concept to match the project brief. The application design was built to be responsive and appropriate for any device and recent browser version.
Revium developed the integration functions to support the provided map-based navigation elements for the Beach Report and Yarra Watch and Report card information.
Revium provided ongoing strategic user-experience and technical support to the EPA for the site.
The completed website solution provided EPA with:
- A full functioning website maintained under Sitecore
- Used the 'web services' method to retrieve instant relevant water forecast and water quality data required for all sites.
- A website conforming to Victorian Government web guidelines, response to all devices and current browsers.
- A very attractive up-to-date website design, with clear sign posting for the three key functions.